Saudi Arabia is the largest market for new and used cars as well as car parts in the Gulf region and the Middle East. Furthermore, the reform programme “Vision 2030” has initiated economic and social change in the strict Islamic kingdom. Here are the most important figures relating to the automotive market in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia is currently experiencing unprecedented economic and social change in spite of the continued strictly conservative leadership and political unrest in the Middle East. This is also due to the “Vision 2030” reform programme instituted by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman – a plan aimed at minimising Saudi Arabia's dependence on oil and diversifying the economy. The plan also provides for the expansion of the merchandise and consumer goods trade, which offers great opportunities for the automotive industry.
Largest in the region
The Kingdom is already the largest market for new and used cars as well as car parts in the Gulf region and the Middle East. Saudi Arabia imports vehicles and parts worth 21 million US dollars every year.
You may also be interested in:
- Why congested highways need advanced traffic management systems
- A taxi comes flying
- Figures at a glance: India's automotive industry
- Expo 2020
- Greatest mobility challenges facing governments
- Top challenges facing private mobility companies
- We need new mobility and new logistics, we need them now
- Three questions for Simon Mellor, CEO of Messe Frankfurt Middle East